Writing a Guest Post
Thank you for your interest in submitting a guest post to TennisCompanion! In an effort to help make sure your post is accepted, please make sure you read through the following guidelines.
How it Works
- Any member of the TennisCompanion community can submit a post about the sport of tennis.
- Content must be unique and not published on any other website.
- We perform a manual check before publishing each and every post – please do not plagiarize.
- Before being approved and published each post will be reviewed for quality assurance.
- Posts may be outright rejected or returned for edits – all editor decisions are final.
- Your post will be published to our community blog where TennisCompanion community members can leave comments and rate your post.
- If you’re post stands out from the crowd and is positively received by TennisCompanion community members it may get promoted to the TennisCompanion blog
- It may take up to several weeks for your post to be reviewed, edited and approved, so we appreciate your patience. We will be sure to contact you if any questions arise or to notify you of the acceptance or rejection of your post.
- Please edit spelling and grammar thoroughly before submitting. It can be helpful to share with a friend or family member for a first pass edit and reading your post out loud.
- Please strive for a friendly and approachable tone, as if you were speaking to a good friend
- Affiliate links are not allowed in TennisCompanion guest posts, however you may link to resources when relevant
- Each post should include a minimum of one featured image, which should be sized at 720x300px. You must have rights to use an image for your post and attribution should be included – Flickr Creative Commons is a good place to start.
- Upon being published, your post may receive questions or comments. Please take the time to reply and participate as much as possible.
How to Write Great Articles – Questions to Think About
- Is my post unique and original? Have I found a unique perspective on a topic?
- Will TennisCompanion’s audience find my article interesting? We’re a community that loves tennis and topics about the pro tour, rankings, stats, health, fitness, drills, mental toughness, gear, etc…
- Did I provide examples, data and statistics to support my stance or topic?
- When relevant, did I provide actionable information that will benefit readers?
- Have I been thorough in explaining? When relevant are instructions easy to follow?
- Have I used pictures, drawings, photos or screenshots to help make my article more interesting and valuable to the audience?
- Is it easy to read my post? Did I use multiple headers, bullets, images that look clean and professional and help break up my article so it’s easier to read?
The above writing guidelines and questions are intended to help you ensure you’re writing great content. Please reread them after you’ve written your article prior to submitting to help speed up the editing and review process.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By clicking the button below, I agree to the above guidelines and I accept the terms of submitting a post.