Check out my new custom vibration dampener

Center Court at the Tennis Club Napoli for the Tennis Napoli Cup in Italy

Tennis Napoli Cup Prize Money

2022 Breakdown & Historicals

By Jon Crim
Image Credit: Tennis Club Napoli

The Tennis Napoli Cup is an ATP 250 tennis tournament running in Naples, Italy, for the first time, under a single-year license.

The venue is the historic Tennis Club Napoli, situated on the coast of the Gulf of Naples. Although the club has clay courts, the tournament is a hard court tournament with courts installed for the event.

As for the format, the Tennis Napoli Cup will feature a 28-player singles draw and 16-team doubles draw.

For 2022’s inaugural event, the tournament’s total prize money is $612,000, equating to €621,158 and £541,151, and is on par with other events in this tier of ATP events.

In singles, the champion will claim $93,090 for his win, while the runner-up will receive $54,300 or 42% less than the champ. In total, these sums make up 25% of the total purse for the event.

The winning pair in doubles will earn $32,340, while their opponents will have far less to split their total with winnings of $17,300.

The rest of this guide details a complete breakdown of the Tennis Napoli Cup’s prize money, including historical data for comparison and currency conversion to euros and sterling pounds.

Article Contents

Click below to jump to a section

Tap below to jump to a section

New to TennisCompanion?

Create a free account and explore my latest videos below

2022 Full Breakdown

More broadly, prize money at the Tennis Napoli Cup breaks down by the singles and doubles events, with 80% of the purse going to the former and the remaining 20% funding the latter.

However, there’s also a breakdown by round, where players earn more the further they progress through the tournament. For example, first-round prize money is $6,565, and $18,495 for the quarterfinals.

Below, I’ve summarized a complete breakdown of the Tennis Napoli Cup’s 2022 prize money by round for singles and doubles. I’ve also converted earnings to euros and sterling pounds.

Singles

Dollar

US Dollar2022
Winner$93,090
Runner-up$54,300
Semifinal$31,925
Quarterfinal$18,495
Round 2$10,740
Round 1$6,565
Qualies Round 2$3,280
Qualies Roud 1$1,790

Euro

Euro2022
Winner€95,016
Runner-up€55,424
Semifinal€32,586
Quarterfinal€18,878
Round 2€10,962
Round 1€6,701
Qualies Round 2€3,348
Qualies Roud 1€1,827

British Sterling Pound

Sterling Pound2022
Winner£83,130
Runner-up£48,490
Semifinal£28,509
Quarterfinal£16,516
Round 2£9,591
Round 1£5,863
Qualies Round 2£2,929
Qualies Roud 1£1,598

Doubles (Per Pair)

2022US DollarEuroSterling Pound
Winner$32,340€33,007£28,879
Runner Up$17,300€17,657£15,449
Semi Final$10,150€10,359£9,064
Quarter Final$5,670€5,787£5,063
Round 1$3,340€3,409£2,983

Prize Money by Year

Since this is the first edition of the Tennis Napoli Cup, we don’t have historical prize money for reference, but if the tournament returns in future years, I’ll be sure to record subsequent years here.

Keep in mind that even if the tournament runs in subsequent years, there’s no guarantee that prize money will increase as the successful operation of the event heavily influences available funds.

YearTennis Napoli Cup Total Prize Money% Change
2022$612,000

Please note that all data is in US dollars.

FAQs

Here are a few frequently asked questions from fans and attendees about the Tennis Cup Napoli’s prize money.

How much does the winner earn at the Tennis Cup Napoli?

For 2022, the winner at the Tennis Cup Napoli will take home $93,090, which translates to €94,570 and £82,365.

How much does the runner-up earn at the Tennis Cup Napoli?

For 2022, the runner-up at the Tennis Cup Napoli will take home $54,300, which translates to €55,163 and £48,044.

Is the Tennis Cup Napoli’s prize money taxed?

Yes. For 2022, the Italian government taxes all player earnings at the Tennis Cup Napoli, reaching as high as 43% depending on earnings.

Home > Prize Money > Naples Open Prize Money

Play Better Tennis

Improve your game alongside our community of tennis players

Why join?

Discussion Boards
Join the conversation with other members of the community.

5 Point Friday
Read our weekly recap of the 5 most interesting things we dig up in tennis.

In-depth Resources
Learn with comprehensive resources to help you improve your game.