We hope you love this post on tennis gifts for her! Just so you know, TennisCompanion may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page to help keep this site running.
Finding the perfect tennis gift for the woman in your life can be tricky. Especially if you’re dealing with someone who appears to have everything. If you’re like us, you’re on the hunt for a gift that’s equal parts thoughtful, personal, and unique to show her that you care.
In this article, we’re going all out to provide you with a wide range of ideas that you can explore to find a winner. Need some fresh ideas in a hurry? No worries. We have you covered with our hand-selected list of the top ten picks for 2019.
Unique Tennis Gifts for Her
Here’s our list of the best tennis gifts for women organized from least to most expensive. Keep reading for tips on how to find the perfect gift and why we love the ideas below.
Here’s a quick snapshot of what we’ll cover in this article:
- Your Gift Giving Budget
- Make it Personal
- Types of Gifts
- Our Favorite Gifts
- Don’t Forget the Party Supplies
Click any of the above links to jump that section of the article.
Your Gift Giving Budget
Before you go on the hunt for the perfect gift, we recommend setting a budget for yourself and then sticking to it. There are unique tennis gifts out there at every price point, so there’s no need to go splurge if you really can’t afford it.
At the end of the day, it’s the thought that counts. Even if you only have a few dollars to spend, we have some great homemade gift ideas that might be right up your alley.
Make it Personal
Whether you’re celebrating her birthday, Christmas, Mother’s Day, an anniversary or any other occasion, we always find it helpful to jot down a few personal preferences of the individual we’re giving a gift.
Here are a few things you might take into consideration:
- Tennis players she follows
- Tennis brands she wears
- Her favorite colors
- Dietary preferences
Keep these preferences in mind to help add a personal touch to the gift you give.
Types of Gifts
Depending on how much time and energy you’re willing to spend, there may be a specific type of gift that’s more appealing to you.
Here are a few different types to consider.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with finding a tennis gift that you buy, wrap, and give. Or better yet, the store does the wrapping for you. It’s by far the most common type of gift to give, and if you’re short on time, a great option that she’ll be sure to love.
Here are a few ideas of store-bought tennis gifts to consider:
- Clothing: check out her favorite tennis brand and pick up a new shirt, skirt or shorts, sweatshirt, or jacket. If you’re feeling generous, maybe even an entire outfit. If you’re not a tennis player, a few top picks for women’s tennis clothing include Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Under Armor, Fila, and Lacoste.
- Shoes: are her kicks looking pretty beat up? Maybe it’s time for a new pair. Of course, personal preference is key here. The safest bet might be to get a new pair of the ones she’s currently using or perhaps an upgraded model of the same shoe. Either way, a fresh pair of stylish new shoes can be a great gift.
- A Bag: what’s not to love about a new bag? Well, at least that’s what we know she’ll say. When it comes to tennis bags, you have your standard racquet bags from brands like Wilson, Babolat, and Head that would likely go over well with the serious player who has lots of gear. Then you have something like the cinda b tennis tote that made our list, and we think it’s an excellent option for the more casual club or recreational player.
- Jewelry: if the woman in your life is into jewelry, then it’s hard to go wrong with a bracelet, necklace, or pair of earrings. Our top 10 list includes three tennis-themed pieces of jewelry that are sure to be a hit. Keep reading to check them out.
- Tech Gear: these days, tech gear is all the rage, so it’s worth considering if you know the lady you’re buying for is into that type of thing. A smartwatch, a pair of headphones for pre-match music listening to get in the zone, or a smart sensor like Zepp or Babolat Pop are fun options to help her track all sorts of stats to improve her game.
- For the home: TBD
If you’re looking for something that’s unique and shows her that you took your time to find the perfect gift, then something personalized might be a great option to consider. Here are a few of our favorite tennis-themed ideas.
- Custom tennis racquet: lately, tennis manufacturers have been giving players all sorts of fun ways to customize their tennis racquets. Wilson Custom Racquets has been leading the charge. First, select a racquet and then customize the color and finish of the entire racquet. Plus, you can even print their name or a short message on the racquet.
- Custom tennis shoes: if you like the idea of a custom gift, but a racquet is out of your price range, then you might consider a custom pair of custom Nike tennis shoes. If you’re into this kind of thing, it’s a blast to create a custom shoe. Similar to a custom racquet, you can select the shoe and then customize a variety of colors and materials used to build something that’s super personalized, and no one else will have.
- Custom tennis balls: on the lower end of the price spectrum, custom tennis balls are a creative gift idea that she’ll be sure to love. Keep in mind these aren’t something she’ll likely take to the court and play some tennis with, but they serve as great decorations and will show her you went the extra mile.
If you love to get crafty or perhaps don’t have much money to spend, then a homemade gift is something she’s bound to love. Of course, your imagination is the limit when it comes to making something from scratch, but here are a few ideas we think she’ll love to help you get the creative juices flowing.
- Baked goods: there is a wide range of tennis-themed baked goods that you could whip up, but cake, cookies, and cupcakes are super popular ideas with dozens of ready to go recipes online. Hot tip: head on over to Pinterest and search for tennis baked goods for loads of recipes.
- Gift basket: start with a stylish basket and add any number of useful items you can think to build a fully customized gift from scratch. Wrap it in cellophane and tie it off with a bow to make it. Check out our top 10 list for a sample basket that you can copy or customize.
- Tennis ball holders: you can buy these on Etsy, or you can make them yourself. All you need are a few old tennis balls, a hot glue gun, and a small dose of creativity to give a somewhat silly but easy to love gift of tennis ball holders.
Our 13 Favorite Tennis Gifts for Her
Hopefully, the different types of gifts we’ve covered has helped give you some ideas for a gift she’ll love. Of course, we recognize gift-giving isn’t always easy.
To help, we’ve pulled together an eclectic mix of hand-picked ideas, and we think there’s something for a variety of personalities. We’ve also organized them by price from high to low to help you find the right gift even faster.
Middle Finger Vibration Dampener
The first time we stumbled across this gem, we knew it was a must for our list. If you’re like us, you already know who you’re going to give this gift. These middle finger dampeners are made of high-quality material to reduce vibration, and we’re in love with the hot pink manicure.
Perhaps the best part? It comes in a pack of two. If you’re nice, she might give you one of them for yourself. Or you know, you can buy yourself a pack too.
Sugarpova Sporty Mix
From chocolates to gummies, gumballs, and truffles, there’s just about something for everyone in her lineup of sweets. Our favorite? Sugarpova Sporty Mix. A colorful mix of tennis ball-shaped gumballs. It comes with about 27 gumballs with a refreshing lemon-lime flavor. Of course, there’s a huge variety of candy to choose from, so even if you don’t go with our pick, it’s still a fantastic idea backed by a tennis player.
Personalized Tennis Balls
What’s not to love about a customized tennis ball? Select one or three tennis balls and then make your mark with up to three lines of text at ten characters or less per line. If you get three tennis balls, you’ll have more text to play with to get your message across.
These tennis balls make a great gift for a tennis coach, teammate, or doubles partner, and the personalized touch will make it a gift to remember.
Multicolor Tennis Pasta
What’s for dinner? Tennis pasta! As the label says, it’s pasta with personality, and we couldn’t agree more. When you pick up this ultra-cute tennis shaped pasta as a gift, you’ll get a two-pack with each serving 4-6 people.
On the back of the label, you’ll find a delicious sesame pasta recipe. Of course, if she isn’t into that kind of thing, you can point her to the website listed on the back with over 75 delicious recipes. If your club is hosting a potluck, then you can cook up a pasta salad to share, and it’s also good fun when you’re getting the girl’s tennis team together for dinner.
Hanging Tennis Towel
Does the lady in your life like to towel off between points? If so, she can’t run back to the bench each time, so she might need to place her towel on the court, which depending on where you’re playing, might not be the cleanest. Solve that problem with this hanging tennis towel that comes complete with a hook to hang on the back gate. This way it’s always airing out and never has to hit the ground.
The towel is white and comes in an easy to handle size at 16x 28 inches. In one of the corners, there’s a metal ring built directly into the towel. The hook threads through the ring and then can attach to the fence or pretty much anything else. It even comes embroidered with a yellow tennis ball in the bottom corner.
Tennis Ball Bath Bombs
We love bath bombs, so when we discovered these tennis ball bath bombs, we couldn’t resist, and they make the perfect gift. Not only will they help enhance her experience soaking in the tub, but they’re also therapeutic because they contain epsom salt, which is great for muscle recovery after a long day on the court.
Three bath bombs come packaged perfectly in a recycled tennis ball can so they do look like tennis balls – perfectly sized and all. Each bath bomb is individually wrapped, so they stay fresh and avoid taking on moisture before they’re ready for use. Last but not least, they’re light fruited scent is pleasing.
Tennis Themed Dammit Doll
Tennis can be mentally challenging and downright stressful at times. Often players take it out on their racquets by throwing them or smashing them on the ground, but that’s a pretty expensive way to take out your anger.
Enter the tennis-themed Dammit Doll, which is for smashing to help players relieve their stress. Give this gift to the player in your life who needs to let it out and help them save their expensive racquet in the process.
Here’s the delightful little message that comes printed on the doll. “When you drop the ball and just can’t seem to win at all this Dammit Sports doll will help eliminate your stress! Just take this with you when you play and if your game slips, slam it! And as you whack the stuffing out yell Dammit! Dammit! Dammit”
Alex & Ani Tennis Bangle Bracelet
This bracelet from Alex & Ani might be the perfect tennis gift for her. No, but seriously, we love this bracelet and might buy one for ourselves. The bracelet comes complete with a yellow tennis ball charm, and you can purchase it in Rafaelian silver or gold. We love the silver version with the yellow charm, but you’ll know what’s best for her.
The purchase also helps support US Olympic and Paralympic athletes and comes with four tiny charms that serve as a reminder of her support. It’s hard to go wrong with this gift, unless, of course, she already has one.
McCarter Tennis Coasters
This four-pack of tennis-themed McCarter coasters are a great gift idea for the tennis player that loves to host. We love them because they’re made from bisque clay, which is naturally absorbent and comes with cork feet to protect the table or surface you place them on.
Combine them a cute set of tennis cheese spreaders by Wine Things and a wine stopper from Supreme Housewares and you have that ultimate housewarming gift for the tennis player in your life.
Honolulu Jewelry Company Tennis Ring
Lots of tennis-themed jewelry out there misses the mark, but this tennis ring from Honolulu Jewelry Company gets it right. It’s simple, yet stylish and is made from quality sterling silver that will look great on her.
If you’re not familiar, Honolulu Jewelry Company has been around since 1981 and pride themselves on creating quality products, at great prices, and delivering excellent customer service.
If the woman in your life is into jewelry, then this is a fantastic gift option that she’ll love.
Honolulu Jewelry Company Tennis Necklace
The necklace comes with a simple box chain that features a spring clasp and can adjust from 16-18 inches in length. The beautiful racquet pendant is the perfect size at just under two inches tall and roughly ¾ of an inch in width.
When worn, the racquet hangs downward from the handle and looks great and makes the perfect gift for any occasion.
cinda b Tennis Tote
The bag is plenty spacious for a day at the court and measures 15 inches tall by 15 inches in length and is 5 inches wide.
On the inside, there’s an additional zip pocket for keeping track of smaller items that you don’t want to get lost in the bottom.
A the top of the bag, there are two handles for carrying, but it also features an adjustable strap for carrying over her shoulder or across her body.
On the outside, the bag features a zipper pocket for stashing up to two tennis racquets. One thing to keep in mind is that if your recipient plays with a larger oversized tennis racquet, then it likely won’t fit in the bag.
There are also two handy side pockets for keeping items like a water bottle and keys that you want to be able to access quickly.
Somewhat surprisingly, this tennis bag, which is made of nylon and polyester, is machine washable and stain-resistant. The bag comes in six different colors to suit a wide variety of tastes: black, navy blue, grey, royal blue, dark blue, and green.
DIY Homemade Basket
- Nuun electrolyte tabs
- Energy bars
- Tennis pasta
- Sugarpova Sporty Mix
- Neutrogena facial wipes
- Tiger Balm
- Tennis ball bath bombs
- Hanging tennis towel
- Middle finger vibration dampener
- Racquet overgrips
- Set of tennis strings
The possibilities are endless when it comes to a gift basket, but one thing is for sure, this is a gift basket worth receiving. Be sure to pick up some cellophane wrap for an extra special presentation.
Don’t Forget the Party Supplies
If it’s her birthday or you’re throwing a tennis-themed party, then you can take things up a notch with some tennis party decorations. Here are a few items that you can use to decorate:
- Party favor bags
- Plastic cutlery
Wrapping Things Up
Forgive us for the pun, but did you remember the wrapping paper? If so, you should be all set. Hopefully, you’ve found the perfect tennis gift for her, or at the very least, we helped spark an idea you’ll know she’ll love.
Have any other gift ideas to share? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Also, be sure to check out our gift-giving guide for men.
Shout out to Josh Calabrese for the awesome photo.
- Tennis ›
- Tennis Gifts for Her
Play Better TennisImprove your game alongside our community of tennis players
- Discussion Boards
Join the conversation with other members of the community.
- 5 Point Friday
Read our weekly recap of the 5 most interesting things we dug up in tennis.
- In-depth Resources
Learn with comprehensive resources to help you improve your game.