10+ Thoughtful Tennis Gift Ideas for Women
A Gift Giving Guide
We hope you love this article. Just so you know, TennisCompanion may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page to help keep this site running. Learn more.
Finding the perfect tennis gift for the woman in your life can be tricky, especially if you’re dealing with someone who appears to have everything. If you’re like us, you’re searching for an equally thoughtful, personal, and unique gift to show her you care.
In this article, we’re going to provide you with a wide range of ideas you can explore to find a winner. Need some fresh ideas in a hurry? No worries. We have you covered with our hand-selected list of the top ten picks for 2023.
Unique Tennis Gifts for Her
Here’s a preview of our list of the best tennis gifts for women. Keep reading for tips on finding the perfect gift and why we love the ideas below.
Click below to jump to a section
Tap below to jump to a section
New to TennisCompanion?
Create a free account and explore my latest videos below
Your Gift Giving Budget
Before you go on the hunt for the perfect gift, we recommend setting a budget for yourself and sticking to it. There are unique tennis gifts at every price point, so there’s no need to splurge if you really can’t afford it.
At the end of the day, it’s the thought that counts. Even if you only have a few dollars to spend, we have some great homemade gift ideas for tennis lovers that might be right up your alley.
Make it Personal
Whether you’re celebrating her birthday, Christmas, Mother’s Day, an anniversary, or any other occasion, we always find it helpful to jot down a few personal preferences of the individual we’re giving a gift.
Here are a few things you might take into consideration:
- Tennis players she follows
- Tennis brands she wears
- Her favorite colors
- Dietary preferences
Keep these preferences in mind to help add a personal touch to the gift you give.
Types of Gifts
Depending on how much time and energy you’re willing to spend, one type of gift may be more or less appealing to you.
Here are a few different types to consider.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with finding a tennis gift that you buy, wrap, and give. Or better yet, the store does the wrapping for you. It’s by far the most common type of gift to give, and if you’re short on time, it’s a great option that she’ll be sure to love.
Here are a few ideas for store-bought tennis gifts to consider:
- Clothing: check out her favorite brands and pick up a new shirt, tennis skirt or shorts, sweatshirt, or jacket. If you’re feeling generous, maybe even an entire outfit. If you’re not a tennis player, a few top women’s tennis clothing picks include Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Under Armor, Fila, and Lacoste.
- Shoes: are her kicks looking pretty beat up? Maybe it’s time for a new pair. Of course, personal preference is key here. The safest bet might be to get a new pair of the brand she’s currently using or perhaps an upgraded model of the same shoe. Either way, a fresh pair of stylish new tennis shoes can be a great gift.
- A Bag: what’s not to love about a new bag? Well, at least that’s what we know she’ll say. When it comes to tennis bags, you have your standard racquet bags from brands like Wilson, Babolat, and Head that would likely go over well with the serious player who has lots of gear. Then you have something like the Ame & Lulu tennis tote that made our list, and we think it’s an excellent option for the more casual club or recreational player.
- Jewelry: if the woman in your life is into jewelry, it’s hard to go wrong with a bracelet, necklace, or pair of earrings. Our top 10 list includes three tennis-themed pieces of jewelry that will surely be a hit.
- Tech Gear: these days, tech gear is all the rage, so it’s worth considering if you know the lady you’re buying for is into that type of thing. A smartwatch, headphones for pre-match music listening to get in the zone, or a smart sensor like Zepp or Babolat Pop are fun options to help her track all sorts of stats to improve her game.
- For the home: From glassware to coasters and serving pieces, there’s a lot to explore when it comes to tennis-themed gifts for the home.
If you’re looking for something unique to show her you took your time to find the perfect gift, then something personalized might be a great option. Here are a few of our favorite tennis-themed ideas.
- Custom tennis racquets: lately, tennis manufacturers have been giving players all sorts of fun ways to customize their tennis racquets. Wilson custom racquets has been leading the charge. First, select a racquet and then customize the color and finish of the entire racquet. You can even print their name or a short message on the racquet.
- Custom tennis shoes: if you like the idea of a custom gift, but a racquet is out of your price range, you might consider a custom pair of custom Nike tennis shoes. If you’re into this kind of thing, creating a custom shoe is a blast. Like a custom racquet, you can select the shoe and customize various colors and materials used to build something super personalized that no one else will have.
- Custom tennis balls: on the lower end of the price spectrum, customized tennis balls are a creative gift idea that she’ll love. Keep in mind these aren’t something she’ll likely take to the court and play some tennis with, but they serve as fun decorations and will show her you went the extra mile.
If you love to get crafty or perhaps don’t have much money to spend, then a homemade gift is something she’s bound to love. Of course, your imagination is the limit when making something from scratch, but here are a few ideas we think she’ll love to help you get the creative juices flowing.
- Baked goods: there is a wide range of tennis-themed baked goods that you could whip up, but cake, cookies, and cupcakes are super popular ideas, with dozens of ready-to-go recipes online. Hot tip: head over to Pinterest and search for tennis baked goods for loads of recipes.
- Gift basket: start with a stylish basket and add any number of practical items you can think of to build a fully customized gift from scratch. Wrap it in cellophane and tie it off with a bow to make it. Check out our top 10 list for a sample basket you can copy or customize.
- Tennis ball holders: you can buy these on Etsy or make them yourself. All you need are a few old tennis balls, a hot glue gun, and a small dose of creativity to give a somewhat silly but easy-to-love gift of tennis ball holders.
Our 12 Favorite Tennis Gifts for Her
Hopefully, the different types of gifts we’ve covered have helped give you some ideas for a gift she’ll love. Of course, we recognize that gift-giving isn’t always easy.
To help, we’ve pulled together an eclectic mix of hand-picked ideas, and we think there’s something for various personalities. We’ve also organized them by price from high to low to help you find the right gift even faster.
Sterling Sliver Tennis Ring
Lots of tennis-themed jewelry misses the mark, but this tennis ring from HongZhuan Jewelry Store gets it right. It’s simple yet stylish and is made from quality sterling silver that will look great on her.
If the woman in your life is into jewelry, this is a fantastic gift option that she’ll love.
Middle Finger Vibration Dampener
The first time we stumbled across this gem, we knew it was a must for our list. If you’re like us, you already know who you’ll give this gift to. These middle finger dampeners are made of high-quality material to reduce vibration, and we love the hot pink manicure.
Perhaps the best part? It comes in a pack of two. If you’re nice, she might give you one of them for yourself. Or you know, you can buy yourself a pack too.
Ame & Lulu Tennis Tote
The Ame & Lulu Love All Tote is stylish and practical. Here’s a quick rundown of the features of this bag:
The bag is spacious for a day at the court and measures 13.5 inches tall by 17 inches in length and 6 inches wide. The bag’s main compartment fits two racquets with a zip enclosure. You’ll also find a zip pocket on the inside for keeping track of smaller items you don’t want to get lost in the bottom.
At the top of the bag, there are two handles for carrying. The outside also features two exterior water bottle pockets, perfect for carrying a can of tennis balls too. There’s also a handy exterior back zip pocket for keeping items like your keys and wallet that you want to be able to access quickly. One thing to keep in mind is that if your recipient plays with a larger oversized tennis racquet, then this bag is a perfect option.
Surprisingly, this tennis bag, made of nylon and polyester, is machine washable and stain-resistant. The bag comes in six different colors to suit various tastes: black, navy blue, grey, royal blue, dark blue, and green.
Personalized Tennis Balls
What’s not to love about a customized tennis ball? Select one or three tennis balls and then make your mark with up to three lines of text at ten characters or less per line. If you get three tennis balls, you’ll have more text to play with to get your message across.
These tennis balls make an excellent gift for a tennis coach, teammate, or doubles partner, and the personalized touch will make it a gift to remember.
Multicolor Tennis Pasta
What’s for dinner? Tennis pasta! As the label says, it’s pasta with personality, and we couldn’t agree more. When you pick up this ultra-cute tennis-shaped pasta as a gift, you’ll get a two-pack with each serving 4-6 people.
You’ll find a delicious sesame pasta recipe on the back of the label. Of course, if she isn’t into that kind of thing, you can point her to the website listed on the back with over 75 delicious recipes. If your club is hosting a potluck, you can cook up a pasta salad to share, and it’s also good fun when you’re getting the girl’s tennis team together for dinner.
Tennis Ball Bath Bombs
We love bath bombs, so when we discovered these tennis ball bath bombs, we couldn’t resist, and they made the perfect gift. Not only will they help enhance her experience soaking in the tub, but they’re also therapeutic because they contain epsom salt, ideal for muscle recovery after a long day on the court.
Three bath bombs come packaged perfectly in a recycled tennis ball can, so they look like tennis balls – perfectly sized and all. Each bath bomb is individually wrapped, so it stays fresh and avoids taking on moisture before being ready for use. Last but not least, their light-fruited scent is pleasing.
Tennis Themed Dammit Doll
Tennis can be mentally challenging and downright stressful at times. Players often take it out on their racquets by throwing or smashing them on the ground, but that’s a pretty expensive way to take out your anger.
Enter the tennis-themed Dammit Doll, which is for smashing to help players relieve their stress. Give this gift to the player in your life who needs to let it out and help them save their expensive racquet in the process.
Here’s the delightful little message that comes printed on the doll. “When you drop the ball and just can’t seem to win at all, this Dammit Sports doll will help eliminate your stress! Just take this with you when you play, and if your game slips, slam it! And as you whack the stuffing out, yell Dammit! Dammit! Dammit”
Alex & Ani Tennis Bangle Bracelet
This bracelet from Alex & Ani might be the perfect tennis gift for her. No, but seriously, we love this bracelet and might buy one for ourselves. The bracelet comes complete with a yellow tennis ball charm, and you can purchase it in Rafaelian silver or gold. We love the silver version with the yellow charm, but you’ll know what’s best for her.
The purchase also helps support US Olympic and Paralympic athletes and comes with four tiny charms that remind her of her support. It’s hard to go wrong with this gift unless, of course, she already has one.
McCarter Tennis Coasters
This four-pack of tennis-themed McCarter coasters is an excellent gift for the tennis player who loves to host. We love them because they’re made from bisque clay, which is naturally absorbent, and comes with cork feet to protect the table or surface you place them on.
Combine them with a cute set of tennis cheese spreaders by Wine Things and a wine stopper from Supreme Housewares, and you have that ultimate housewarming gift for the tennis player in your life.
Honolulu Jewelry Company Tennis Necklace
Like the tennis ring mentioned above, Honolulu Jewelry Company delivers the goods with their sterling silver tennis racquet necklace.
The necklace comes with a simple box chain that features a spring clasp and can adjust from 16-18 inches in length. The beautiful racquet pendant is the perfect size at just under two inches tall and roughly ¾ of an inch wide.
When worn, the racquet hangs downward from the handle, looks great, and makes the perfect gift for any occasion.
Hanging Tennis Towel
Does the lady in your life like to towel off between points? If so, she can’t run back to the bench each time, so she might need to place her towel on the court, which might not be the cleanest, depending on where you’re playing. Solve that problem with this hanging tennis towel with a hook to hang on the back gate. This way, it’s always airing out and never has to hit the ground.
The towel is white and comes in an easy-to-handle size of 16x 28 inches. In one of the corners, there’s a metal ring built directly into the towel. The hook threads through the ring and then can attach to the fence or pretty much anything else. It even comes embroidered with a yellow tennis ball in the bottom corner.
DIY Homemade Basket
Lastly, if you are intrigued by our gift basket idea, this handwoven wicker basket is a perfect size. To help get you started, here are a few items you might include in your basket:
- Nuun electrolyte tabs
- Energy bars
- Tennis pasta
- Sugarpova Sporty Mix
- Neutrogena facial wipes
- Tiger Balm
- Tennis ball bath bombs
- Hanging tennis towel
- Middle finger vibration dampener
- Racquet overgrips
- Set of tennis strings
The possibilities are endless when it comes to a gift basket, but one thing is for sure: this is a gift basket worth receiving. Be sure to pick up some cellophane wrap for an extra special presentation.
Don’t Forget the Party Supplies
If it’s her birthday or you’re throwing a tennis-themed party, you can take things up a notch with some tennis party decorations. Here are a few items that you can use to decorate:
- Party favor bags
- Plastic cutlery
Did you remember the wrapping paper? If so, you should be all set. Hopefully, you’ve found the perfect tennis gift for her, or at the very least, we helped spark an idea you’ll know she’ll love.
Have any other gift ideas to share? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Also, be sure to check out our gift-giving guide for men.
Play Better Tennis
Improve your game alongside our community of tennis players
Join the conversation with other members of the community.
5 Point Friday
Read our weekly recap of the 5 most interesting things we dig up in tennis.