Srpska Open, Banja Luka Prize Money
2023 Breakdown & Historicals
The Srpska Open in Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina, is a new and likely temporary ATP 250 series tournament, replacing Belgrade’s previously scheduled Serbian Open.
The move comes as the organizers of the Serbian Open, Novak Djokovic’s family, move to make the necessary changes required to apply for an ATP 500 series license, an upgrade from its previous 250 status.
The National Tennis Center of the Republic of Srpska in the Mladen Stojanović Park will host this year’s tournament, which is also the location of a yearly ATP Challenger tournament.
For 2023, the Srpska Open’s total prize money amounts to €562,815, which equates to $615,052 and £496,957 at the time of writing.
The tournament’s champion in singles will receive a check for €85,605, which equates to 15% of the total purse. On the other hand, the runner-up will pocket €49,940, 42% less than the winner and 9% of the total.
In doubles, the team crowned champs this year will share €29,740, while the losing pair will split €15,910, 47% less than the winners.
The data in the following sections provide a complete breakdown of prize money at the Srpska Open for quick comparison. You’ll also find currency conversions from euros to US dollars and sterling pounds.
Click below to jump to a section
Tap below to jump to a section
New to TennisCompanion?
Create a free account and explore my latest videos below
2023 Full Breakdown
The Srpska Open consists of two events, singles and doubles. Between the two, roughly 80% of prize money funds singles, while the remaining 20% goes to the doubles event, as is typical with ATP tournaments.
Beyond disciple, prize money breaks down further by how far a player progresses through the tournament. The better a player’s result, the more they get paid. For example, the winner in singles will earn nearly five times as much as a player who loses in the quarterfinals.
The following tables outline Srpska Open’s prize money by round for singles and doubles. Since the tournament is in its first edition, there isn’t any historical data for reference. However, I’ll detail those figures for subsequent years if the event continues.
Conversion of prize money to US dollar and sterling pound uses the prior year’s exchange rate on the day of the final.
Singles – Euro
|Qualies Round 2||€3,020|
|Qualies Round 1||€1,645|
Singles – US Dollar
|Qualies Round 2||$3,327|
|Qualies Round 1||$1,812|
Singles – British Sterling Pound
|Qualies Round 2||£2,659|
|Qualies Round 1||£1,448|
Doubles (Per Pair)
|2023||Euro||US Dollar||Sterling Pound|
Prize Money by Year
There aren’t historical figures for the Srpska Open, but I’ll keep tabs on total prize money if future editions occur in the country.
More generally, a tournament’s success influences prize money, with revenue generators, including ticket sales, sponsorships, merchandise, and concessions, all playing a role in available funds for future years.
Since the Srpska Open replaced the Serbian Open for 2023, I’ve included prize money in Belgrade from last year.
|Year||Total Prize Money||% Change|
*Serbia Open prize money from last year.
Please note that all data is in euros.
Here are a few frequently asked questions from fans and attendees about the Srpska Open’s prize money.
How much does the winner earn at the Srpska Open?
For 2023, the winner at the Srpska Open will take home $93,090, which translates to €95,993 and £83,915.
How much does the runner-up earn at the Srpska Open?
For 2023, the runner-up at the Srpska Open will take home $54,300, translating to €55,993 and £48,948.
Is the Srpska Open’s prize money taxed?
Yes. Bosnia’s government taxes all player earnings at the Srpska Open, reaching as high as 10%.
Play Better Tennis
Improve your game alongside our community of tennis players
Join the conversation with other members of the community.
5 Point Friday
Read our weekly recap of the 5 most interesting things we dig up in tennis.