Zhuhai Championships Prize Money
2023 Breakdown & Historicals
Taking place at the Hengqin International Tennis Center in Zhuhai, China, the Zhuhai Championships is an ATP 250 hard court tennis tournament held in September following the US Open.
The tournament hosted its inaugural event in 2019 and now takes place alongside the Chengdu Open, with both events featuring a 28-player singles and 16-team doubles draw.
For 2023, the total prize money at the Zhuhai Championships reaches $981,785, translating to €926,731 and £803,689 for a 5% increase over the 2019 edition and the highest ever offered by the tournament.
This year’s singles champion will earn $149,330, while the runner-up will pocket $87,110, a -7% decrease and a .35% increase, respectively, compared to 2019 when the event last ran.
Doubles pairs saw similar adjustments in prize money, with the winners taking home $51,880 and the runner-up $27,750, representing an -1.5% decrease and 2.8% increase compared to the prior tournament.
Check out the tables in the following sections for a complete breakdown of prize money at the 2023 Zhuhai Championships and historical data for comparison.
Click below to jump to a section
Tap below to jump to a section
New to TennisCompanion?
Create a free account and explore my latest videos below
2023 Full Breakdown
Tournament officials distribute 80% of prize money at the Zhuhai Championships to the singles event, while the remaining 20% goes to doubles.
The following tables summarize how prize money breaks down by round for singles and doubles, which is standard at ATP tournaments. Please note that you can scroll left to right on the tables to view more data.
Also, conversions to the US dollar and Sterling Pound consider the exchange rate on the day of the previous year’s final.
|Qualies Round 2||$5,265||–||–||–||$4,540|
|Qualies Round 1||$2,870||–||–||–||$2,270|
|Qualies Round 2||€4,941||–||–||–||€4,149|
|Qualies Round 1||€2,693||–||–||–||€2,074|
British Sterling Pound
|Qualies Round 2||£6,518||–||–||–||£3,693|
|Qualies Round 1||£3,553||–||–||–||£1,847|
ATP Doubles (Per Pair)
|2023||US Dollar||Euro||Sterling Pound|
Prize Money by Year
Prize money changes at the Zhuhai Championships every year, with ticket sales, sponsorships, merchandise, and concessions influencing the tournament’s revenues and, in turn, available prize money.
The following table outlines the yearly prize money offered at the event since 2019. Due to the pandemic, organizers canceled the event from 2020 to 2022, so 2023 is only the tournament’s second year.
|Year||Total Prize Money||% Change|
Please note all data is in US Dollars.
Here are a few frequently asked questions from fans and attendees about the Swiss Open’s prize money.
How much does the winner earn at the Zhuhai Championships?
For 2023, the winner at the Zhuhai Championships will take home $149,330, which translates to €140,936 and £122,210.
How much does the runner-up earn at the Zhuhai Championships?
For 2023, the runner-up at the Zhuhai Championships will take home $87,110, which translates to €82,213 and £71,290.
Is the Zhuhai Championship’s prize money taxed?
Yes. The Chinese government taxes all player earnings at the Zhuhai Championships according to its current tax rate and increases as a player’s earnings increase.
Play Better Tennis
Improve your game alongside our community of tennis players
Join the conversation with other members of the community.
5 Point Friday
Read our weekly recap of the 5 most interesting things we dig up in tennis.